ARTLINK TRANSPORT & STORAGE LTD
COMPANY STATEMENT OF HEALTH & SAFETY
The company wished to pursue a policy to promote health and safety at work and seeks the co- operation of all employees for that purpose. Working conditions which comply with statuary requirements and officially approved codes of practice will be provided.
To ensure that this Policy can be successfully implemented, the Company will provide such reasonable funds and resources as may be necessary to achieve best practice and health and safety compliance through the following:
- By consulting with our employees on matters affecting health and safety through training, a Health & Safety Officer, noticeboards and employee meetings.
- By providing and maintaining safe plant and equipment through a scheduled maintenance program including daily checks, defect report system and effective systems of work based on legislative requirements and manufacturer guidelines.
- By providing adequate control of the health & safety risks arising from our work activities which are moving, storage, handling, installation and de installation of works of art in all its undertakings worldwide.
- By providing information based on hazards and controls needed to complete tasks safely.
- By providing instruction for employees to ensure safe systems of work to be carried out
throughout the company.
- By ensuring all employees are competent to do their tasks through adequate supervision
and give them training as identified using the company training matrix and individual
- By providing adequate supervision as a method of enduring tasks are carried out as
identified through risk assessment, training and instruction.
- By preventing accidents and cases of work related ill health by workplace checks and
- By maintaining safe and healthy work conditions through reviews of the workplace and
scheduled maintenance of the company premises.
- By investigating any accident to identify any underlying cause which would then require
- The Company will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all know safety factors are taken
into account in the operation and maintenance of machinery.
- By reviewing and revising this policy as necessary at regular intervals and when there is
change of legislation and or significant change in the company.